To Grill/Smoke Pizza with a Pizza Stone, on a Propane Gas Grill:
- Place the Pizza Stone on the grill before warm-up. If you are using wood for smoking, also add your soaked wood chips to your smoker box. Apple Wood chips are recommended.
- Turn all burners to high. And allow the grill to heat to over 500° F.
- Test the pizza stone is hot enough, by trying to pour a few drops of water on the pizza stone. If they quickly evaporate, the stone is ready. If you are smoking the pizza, wait till your wood is smoking.
- Make sure the pizza is near room temperature. Even a refrigerator cold pizza will cause the pizza stone to crack.
- Place the pizza on parchment paper and then place that on the pizza stone. Using parchment paper on the pizza stone, will prevent the pizza stone getting dirty/messy. And will help you easily get the pizza off the pizza stone after cooking.
- Cook for 7 minutes.