1 T-Bone Steak, about 1.5 Pounds
Olive Oil of choice
Steak rub of choice, or salt and pepper
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Green Mountain Grills Premium Texas Blend or Traeger Hickory
- Place a light coat of oil all over the steak.
- Cover the steak with your rub of choice.
- Allow the steak to rest while preparing the grill.
- With the Green Mountain Grills Pizza Oven Attachment installed. Put a cast iron grill pan or skillet into the metal pan. (Do not use the Pizza Stone.)
- Set the grill to 430° F., this will heat the cast iron to about 850° F. Close the grill during the warm up, to quickly reach the desired cooking temperature.
- Once it has come up to temp, allow it to remain heated for about 20 minutes before putting the steak on.
- Put the steak into the cast iron on the grill’s Pizza Oven Attachment. Allow it to cook for about 3 minutes on each side, to reach about a medium well done level. Test the meat temperature for your preferred level of doneness.
Notes: It is optional if you want to keep the grill open or closed while the steak is cooking. Ensure you use high heat gloves for safety.
Subscribe to the D Grill YouTube Channel.
Support D Grill on Patreon, Click Here.