This same easy Pie recipe works for a Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Strawberry Pie, Peach Pie, Bumbleberry Pie, Raspberry Pie, Fig Pie, Rhubarb Pie, Blackberry Pie or Blueberry Pie. Just adjust the type of pie filling as needed.
- Warm the grill, then get temp to 350° F. With left and right burners on, middle burner off. For indirect heat. Do not put the pie ever on direct heat.
- Unroll one pie crust and put in a 9″ Pie dish.
- Make sure it is pressed firmly against the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the cans of Pie filling into the pie crust. Spread evenly.
- Unroll the second pie crust and place it over the top of the pie. Fold it’s edges under the edges of the bottom pie crust. (If you desire latches, you need to first cut the top pie crust into strips and place them over the top of the pie.)
- Poke holes into the top pie crust for venting. (If using latches, those will act as vents.)
- Place the pie on the grill.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Place foil around the edges. They may already be brown. Be careful not to burn your hands, since the pie will be very hot.
- Cook another 30 minutes.
- The top should now be golden brown. Allow to cool and then remove the foil from the edges. Placing the Pie on a wire rack should help it cool faster. Or serve hot as an à la Mode.