5 Pound Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
Beef Rub of Choice
Wood for Smoking: Hickory Wood Chunks
- Night before, if you desire, you can cut away any bottom fat. Cover the meat with your rub of choice. Do not remove the strings holding the meat together. And put in a roasting pan, fat side down, cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next Day, take the roasting pan with the meat out uncovered while warming the grill and getting smoke going.
- After pre-heating the grill, get the temperature down to 325° F – 375° F.
- Once the grill is ready, put the roasting pan with the uncovered meat into the grill grate.
- Cook till the internal meat temperature is 155° F, for well done.
- Remove from the grill, wrap the meat in foil and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.