2 – 3 pound boneless salmon fillet
Pam Spray with Olive Oil
- 6 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Wood for Smoking: Apple Wood Chunks, soaked 1 or 2 hours in advance.
- Mix/Combine Brine ingredients fully using a whisk and allow to cool.
- Brine overnight in refrigerator, 8 – 12 hours.
- Rinse and pat the salmon dry with paper towels.
- Place the salmon on aluminum foil that has been sprayed with Pam spray. Let the salmon rest uncovered in the refrigerator, for 2 – 4 hours. It should have a shiny coating.
- Take salmon out to rest when warming the grill and wood chunks.
- Grill temperature for cooking should be 325° F. Use indirect heat, with just one burner running during cooking. The smoker box will also produce its own heat, so no other burners should be used.
- Place the salmon in the foil on the grill. You can just lift the ends of the foil and place it right on the grill.
- Cook at 325° F., till internal meat temperature is 145° F.