Wood Pellets Used: Traeger Hickory and Green Mountain Grills Premium Gold Blend Pellets (blend of red oak, hickory, and maple)
2 Pork Butt Shoulders, about 8 pounds each
Pork Rub or Pork Butt Rub of choice
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 1/2 cups of Apple Juice
- Wipe the meat dry with paper towels
- No trimming necessary
- Cover fat cap with yellow mustard and pork/butt rub. Then lay the fat cap side down.
- Inject with:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
(1 cup of the total mixture into each.)
- Cover the rest in yellow mustard
- Rub with pork/butt Rub.
- After injection and rub are applied. Let rest 30 minutes, while getting the grill prepared and warmed up to 245° F.
- Place in grill fat side up.
- Cook at 245° F. for 2 hours.
- Flip to fat side down, insert meat probe and continue to cook at 245° F.
- Cook to 165 degrees F. internal meat temp, should be well cooked externally.
- Wrap with foil and add 1/2 cup apple juice to each, 1 cup total.
- Continue to cook at 245°F., till about 200° F. internal meat temp.
- Add 1/4 cup apple juice to each, 1/2 cup total. And place wrapped in a cooler for 1 hour.
- Break the pork up with forks or other tools and enjoy!