For 2 8-Pound Pork Butts/Shoulders:
2 8 Pound Pork Butt Shoulders
Pork Rub or Pork Butt Rub of choice
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 1/2 cups of Apple Juice
Hickory Wood Chunks, soaked at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the meat with some water.
- No trimming necessary
- Cover fat cap with yellow mustard and pork/butt rub. Then lay the fat cap side down.
- Inject with:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
(1 cup of the total mixture into each.)
- Cover the rest in yellow mustard
- Rub with pork/butt Rub.
- After injection and rub are applied. Let rest 30 minutes, while getting grill warmed up and smoky with Hickory Smoke.
- Place in grill fat side down.
- Cook at 275 Degrees F.
- Add wood chunks for smoke about every 2 hours.
- Cook to 165 degrees F. internal meat temp, should be well cooked externally.
- Wrap with foil and add 1/2 cup apple juice to each, 1 cup total.
- You can cook at 295 Degrees F. at this point and cook till about 200 degrees F. internal meat temp.
(If only cooking 1, then continue to cook at 275 Degrees F.)
- Add 1/4 cup apple juice to each, 1/2 cup total. And place wrapped in a cooler for 60 minutes.
- Break the pork up with forks or other tools and enjoy!
Note: This could be Pork Roast instead of pulled pork, if you cook in a roasting pan and baste every couple hours with drippings.