7-8 pound Pork Belly
Pork Rub of Choice
1 Cup Apple Juice
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Traeger Applewood or Green Mountain Grills Premium Gold Blend
- Cut off any “Silver Skin”.
- Cover with dry rub of choice.
- Grill fat side up at 245° F., till meat temperature is 160° F., no mop.
- Turn to fat side down and continue to cook at 245° F., till meat temperature is 170° F.
- Texas Cheat, wrap in Butcher Paper, pour 1 cup of apple juice over the pork belly and close the Butcher Paper, so the liquid stays in.
- Continue to cook at 245° F. till internal temp is around 195° F. A meat probe should go in and out like butter.
- Allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes.