Filet Mignon Steaks
Virgin Olive Oil (or Extra Virgin)
Garlic Powder or Minced Garlic
Pellets to use: Green Mountain Grills Texas Grilling Blend.
- Heat the butter and mix in garlic powder or minced garlic and set aside.
- Butterfly the filet mignon steaks, for faster cooking.
- Coat the meat with oil, then shake on salt and pepper liberally.
- Allow the meat to rest about 30 minutes. You can get the grill started and warmed up to 500° F. during this time.
- Cook the meat on one side for about 6 minutes at 500° F.
- Cover both sides of all meat with the butter and garlic mixture.
- Cook the meat on the opposite side for 6 minutes at 500° F. Check the meat temperature is to your desired level of doneness. 145° F. is medium well done.
- Remove the Steaks
- Allow the meat to rest about 10 minutes, to reabsorb juices.
Support D Grill on Patreon, Click Here.