1 pound Crab Meat (backfin meat works better)
2-3 tablespoons Old Bay® Seasoning
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1 extra large egg (or 2 small eggs)
pinch of parsley flakes
a little diced green pepper (optional)
soul food seasoning (aka seasoned salt)
hot sauce (optional)
Wood Chunks: Applewood
- Pick crab shells out of the crab meat, if any.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl, adding salt, pepper, soul food seasoning and hot sauce as desired.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Divide the mixture into 2 large patties.
- Place foil on the grill grate, where you plan to place the crab cakes.
- Use indirect heat and cook at 375° F.
- If meat internal temperature is under 130° F after 30 minutes of cooking. Change to direct heat, but try and keep the overall ambient temperature at or below 375° F.
- Cook crab cakes till internal meat temperature is 155° F.