2.5 Pounds Ground Bison Meat
Cracked Black Pepper
Wood for smoking: Mesquite wood chips, soaked about an hour.
- Make 4 large burger patties from the ground bison meat.
- Cover both sides of the bison burger patties with seasoned salt and cracked black pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill to 500° F. and then bring the temperature down to 450° F., with all burners at the same setting. And allow the wood chips to start smoking.
- Place the bison burger patties on the grill.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and insert the iGrill 3 meat probe.
- Cook till the meat temperature reaches 160° F. This may take another 25 minutes.
(Note, you can make 8 smaller bison burgers and cook them faster.)