Beef Rub of Choice (Steak Rub is suitable)
Wood Pellets: Traeger Hickory or Green Mountain Grills Premium Texas Grilling Blend
- The Night Before the Cook:
- Remove any membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Cut off any excess fat.
- Cover the Beef Ribs with Rub.
- Place in a large pan, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, bring the ribs out of the refrigerator, to rest while preparing the smoker.
- Set the Pellet Smoker for 180° F.
- Smoke at 180° F for 3 hours, Bones side down.
- Flip Bones side up, insert a meat probe. Cook the Beef Ribs at 245° F, till the meat temperature reaches 155° F. This may take about 1 hour.
- Flip Bones side down, wrap in butcher’s paper that includes a mixture of 1/2 cup Beef Broth + 1/2 Tbs. of Rub of choice. And continue to cook at 245° F, till the internal meat temperate is 195° – 204° F. And a meat probe pokes in and out of the meat like butter.
- Allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes.