5-6 pound Leg of Lamb, boneless
1/2 gallon of whole milk
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon, 1.5 ounces Lemon Juice
1 tsp Thyme
Garlic Cloves or minced Garlic, 8 – 10 Cloves, or 4 tsp – 5 tsp minced Garlic
Salt (to taste)
Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
4 Ounce Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
1 stick Butter
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ounce Soy Sauce
1 ounce Brown Sugar
1Tbs. Cracked Black Pepper
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Fruitwood blend or Applewood
- Remove the string bag from the Leg of Lamb and spread it open.
- Cut any excess fat from the leg of lamb.
- Brine the leg of lamb in milk in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Rinse away excess milk from the leg of lamb and pat lightly dry with paper towels.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and thyme.
- Add your desired amount of Feta Cheese and Chopped Fresh Spinach inside open Leg of Lamb and then close and truss the Leg of Lamb with Cooking Twine.
- Cover the outside of the Leg of Lamb with the oil, lemon thyme mixture.
- Score shallow slits in the Leg of Lamb
- Put garlic into the slits. You may also put some into the stuffing.
- Shake some salt over the outside of the lamb, but don’t overdo it.
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper over the exterior of the lamb.
- Allow the leg of lamb to rest while warming up the smoker to 250° F.
- Place the leg of lamb on the Pellet Smoker once the smoker reaches 250° F.
- Sometime after starting the cook, heat and mix the Baste ingredients.
- Apply the Baste to the Leg of Lamb 5° before your target internal meat temperature.
- Cook till your desired doneness:
- 120° F. Rare
- 130° F. Medium Rare
- 140° F. Medium
- 150° F. Medium Well (about 2-3 hours)
- 155° F. Well Done
- Take the Leg of Lamb off the grill and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes.
Download the profile for this cook to your Green Mountain Grills app.
You can also watch this video on Rumble.
Subscribe to the D Grill YouTube Channel.
Support D Grill on Patreon, Click Here.