5-6 pound Leg of Lamb, boneless
1/2 gallon of whole milk
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon, 1.5 ounces Lemon Juice
1 tsp Thyme
Garlic Cloves or minced Garlic, 8 – 10 Cloves, or 4 tsp – 5 tsp minced Garlic
Salt (to taste)
Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
4 Ounce Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
1 stick Butter
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ounce Soy Sauce
1 ounce Brown Sugar
1Tbs. Cracked Black Pepper
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Fruitwood blend or Applewood
- Remove the string bag from the Leg of Lamb and spread it open.
- Cut any excess fat from the leg of lamb.
- Brine the leg of lamb in milk in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Rinse away excess milk from the leg of lamb and pat lightly dry with paper towels.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and thyme.
- Add your desired amount of Feta Cheese and Chopped Fresh Spinach inside open Leg of Lamb and then close and truss the Leg of Lamb with Cooking Twine.
- Cover the outside of the Leg of Lamb with the oil, lemon thyme mixture.
- Score shallow slits in the Leg of Lamb
- Put garlic into the slits. You may also put some into the stuffing.
- Shake some salt over the outside of the lamb, but don’t overdo it.
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper over the exterior of the lamb.
- Allow the leg of lamb to rest while warming up the smoker to 250° F.
- Place the leg of lamb on the Pellet Smoker once the smoker reaches 250° F.
- Sometime after starting the cook, heat and mix the Baste ingredients.
- Apply the Baste to the Leg of Lamb 5° before your target internal meat temperature.
- Cook till your desired doneness:
- 120° F. Rare
- 130° F. Medium Rare
- 140° F. Medium
- 150° F. Medium Well (about 2-3 hours)
- 155° F. Well Done
- Take the Leg of Lamb off the grill and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes.