2 – 3 pound boneless salmon fillet
Wood Pellets Smoking: Traeger Apple Wood or Green Mountain Grills Premium Fruitwood Blend Pellets
- Mix/Combine Brine ingredients fully using a whisk and allow to cool.
- Brine uncovered overnight in refrigerator, 8 – 12 hours.
- Rinse and pat the salmon dry with paper towels.
- Let the salmon rest uncovered in the refrigerator, for 2 – 4 hours. It should have a shiny coating.
- Take salmon out to rest at room temperature when warming the Pellet Smoker/Grill to 180° F.
- Place the salmon on a grill mat.
- Place the grill mat with the salmon on the grill/smoker and smoke at 180° F.
- Continue to smoke at 180° F., till internal meat temperature is 150° F. for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the smoked salmon off the Smoker/Grill, wrap the smoked salmon in foil and let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. So fluids are reabsorbed.