10 Pound Turkey
Tony Cachere’s Creole Style Butter Injectable Marinade
Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
Poultry Seasoning/Rub of choice
Apple Juice for spritzing
1 stick of Melted Butter
- The Turkey should be fully thawed. This may take about 5 days of the frozen turkey sitting in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the grill and then set to 350° F. Use the two outer burners for indirect heat.
- Truss the Turkey with Cooking Twine.
- Inject the Turkey with marinade.
- Inject one ounce of the marinade at a time, in the following 10 locations. 10 ounces total should be used. (One ounce per pound.)
- Inject 3 spots on each side of the breast, 6 total in the breast.
- Inject each thigh once, 2 total for thighs.
- Inject each drumstick, 2 total for drumsticks.
- Place the Turkey on the rotisserie rod and spits and put the Turkey onto the grill rotisserie.
- Once you start spinning the Turkey on the Rotisserie, apply Smoked Salt and Poultry Seasoning/Rub. It’s easier to apply while the Turkey is spinning.
- Allow to cook on the grill rotisserie at 350° F. for 1 hour.
- Spritz with Apple Juice.
- Allow to cook for 1 hour more at 350° F.
- Check the meat Temperature, if it is at or above 140° F. apply melted butter to the outer skin of the Turkey.
- Check the temperature every 40 minutes, till 165° F. meat temperature is reached.
- Remove the Turkey from the grill Rotisserie and allow the meat to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.