10 Pound Ham, Hickory Smoked and Spiral Sliced.
Ham Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup Apple Juice
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tbs. All Spice Berries
1 Tbs. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the grill and then set to 350° F. Use the two outer burners for indirect heat.
- Truss the Ham with Cooking Twine.
- Place the Ham on the rotisserie rod and spits and put the Ham onto the grill rotisserie.
- Allow to cook on the grill rotisserie at 350° F. for one hour.
- Open the grill and check the position of the rotisserie spits, the ham will likely shrink in length as it cooks. So tighten up the rotisserie spits.
- Close the grill allow to continue cooking at 350° F. for one more hour.
- While the Ham is cooking, prepare the Ham Glaze, by mixing the ingredients over low/medium heat.
- Open the grill and check the position of the rotisserie spits again. Tighten the rotisserie spits as needed.
- Check the meat temperature.
- If the meat is at 135° F. apply the Ham Glaze and cook for 15 more minutes at 350° F. Then check if the meat is at least 145° F.
- If the meat is below 135°, continue to cook till 135° F. meat temperature is reached. Then carry out the step above.
- Total cooking time may be 2.5 – 3.5 hours. Be sure to adjust the rotisserie spits as needed, as the ham changes size during the cook.
Subscribe to the D Grill YouTube Channel.
Support D Grill on Patreon, Click Here.