8-9 Pound Pork Shoulder Butt
Pork Seasonings of Choice
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 & 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Hickory or Hickory blend.
- Cover the fat cap side of the pork with a light coating of mustard and the sides.
- Season the fat cap and the sides.
- Flip the pork over. Mix 1/2 cup apple juice and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar. Inject the mixture into the pork through the top.
- Cover the top of the pork with mustard and seasoning.
- Warm the smoker up to 245° F.
- Place the pork on the smoker/grill, fat side up for 2 hours.
- Flip the pork over and continue to smoke at 245° F. until the meat temperature is 180° F.
- Wrap the meat in butcher paper with 1/2 cup apple juice.
- Continue to smoke till the meat reaches 195° F.
- Open the wrapping to add 1/4 cup of apple juice over the meat and close it again.
- Place the wrapped meat into a warm cooler for 1 hour.
- You may want to add a towel to the bottom of the cooler first, to catch drippings.
- Remove the meat from the wrapping and place it on a cutting board. Use meat claws to shred the meat into pulled pork.