2 Pork Butts, about 15 Pounds total weight
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 & 1/2 Cups Apple Juice
Wood Pellets for Smoker: Green Mountain Grills Premium Gold Blend or Traeger Hickory
- Wipe the meat dry with paper towels
- No trimming necessary
- Cover fat cap with yellow mustard and pork/butt rub. Then lay the fat cap side down.
- Inject with a combination of:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
(1 cup of the total mixture into each.)
- Cover the rest in yellow mustard
- Rub with pork/butt Rub.
- Allow the meat to rest and set the smoker to 350° F.
- Place the Pork Butts on the Smoker, fat side Down. And insert the meat probe.
- (Optional if time permits, at 165° F. internal meat temperature. Wrap with butcher’s paper and 1/2 cup additional apple juice over each pork butt.)
- Cook till the meat internal temperature is 197° F.
- Remove the Pork Butts from the smoker, wrap them in foil, add 1/4 cup apple juice to each, 1/2 cup total. And place the wrapped pork butts in a cooler for 1 hour.
- Break the pork up with shredding claws, forks or other tools and enjoy!