You can follow these easy steps, to manage changing a Propane Gas Tank. If you are just trying to setup a new tank, start at step #5.
- Turn Propane off at the tank.
Turn clockwise till unable to turn.
- Disconnect from Grill Propane line.
Turn the black knob connected to the Propane Tank Counter Clockwise till disconnected.
- Remove the old tank.
Take it back to the store for an exchange and use as your backup tank.
- Remove the hose connector cover from the new tank.
- Place the new tank in the tank holder of your grill.
- Attached Grill Propane hose connector and turn clockwise till tight by hand.
- Turn on Propane, by turning the tank knob counter clockwise.
- Rub soapy water on the connectors, if no bubbles, all is likely safe from leaks.
- Now you can fire up your gas grill.
To see how mine is started, see any of my food cook videos.