Other Pizza Ingredients:
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Other filling of choice
Flour or Cornmeal
Wood Pellets for Smoking: Green Mountain Grills Premium Fruitwood Blend or Traeger Applewood
- Start making the Pizza Dough according to your bread machine’s instructions. Since every bread machine works best with its own instructions, use the ones the manufacturer recommends for your bread machine.
- When the dough is ready, start the Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker with the Pizza Attachment installed. Set the temperature to 225° F.
- Once the grill reaches 225° F., the pizza stone will get up to about 500° F. Allow the Pizza Stone to get preheated and hold the the temperature for about 20 minutes before putting a calzone onto the Pizza Stone.
- While preheating, the Pizza Stone:
- Cut the dough into as many calzones as you desire.
- Sprinkle flour onto a Pizza Peel.
- Use a rolling pin, to press out a piece of the dough.
- Place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Spread a layer of Pizza Sauce onto the dough.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese and other fillings, as you would make a pizza.
- Fold the dough over and use a fork to flute the edges.
- After the Pizza Stone has been preheated for about 20 minutes, place the calzone onto the Pizza Stone.
- Allow to cook for about 4-6 minutes.
- Repeat for other dough till you’ve made all the calzones you desire.