3 Pound Rack of Baby Back Ribs
Rub of Choice
Wood for Smoking: Hickory Wood Chunks, soaked 1 or 2 hours in advance.
- Remove any major top side fat or silver skin, cut off with a filet knife.
- Remove membrane from the back, by getting a knife under the fat layer and pulling with a paper towel to improve grip.
- Cover ribs with a light coat of yellow mustard.
- Cover with Rub of choice.
- Cook in grill with soaked Hickory Wood Chunks, at 225° F. for 3 hours.
- Wrap in foil and add 1 cup apple juice to each slab, and cook still at 225° F for 2 hours.
- Remove from foil and cook for 1 hour, still at 225° F. (Anyone wanting sauce cooked in, would apply sauce here.)
- If the meat is not at or over 160° F internal meat temp. Cook for 30 additional minutes at 300° F.
- Ensure the meat temperature is at least 160° F. If still not at or above 160° meat temp, cook at a higher temp of between 325° – 375° F., to reach 160° F internal meat temperature.
- Visually, the meat should have pulled back from the bone some, check the underside of the ribs. But testing the meat temperature is the safest method.