2 Whole Chickens, about 6 pounds each.
Oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Virgin Olive Oil
Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend
Wood Pellets Used: Apple Wood Pellets
- Coat the chickens with oil.
- Cover the chickens with Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend.
- Truss the chickens, to tie the legs and wings in.
- Pre-Heat the Green Mountain Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker/Grill, to 150° F.
- Place the chickens on the grill breast side up and cook for 1 hour at 150° F. for smoking.
- Adjust the temperature up to 350° F. and cook at that temperature, until the thigh meat is 170° F.
- Check the 2nd chicken is also at 170° F. in the thigh meat. (Takes about 3 hours.)
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “soulfoodcookboon”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Shop Related Products”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “Green Mountain Grills”;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “58673d061e5cf534a20d22b059dfb68a”;